The Fall 2013 Boston Area WGAPE meeting will be 9:30-6 on November 8, 2013, at the Institute for Quantitative Social Science at Harvard University. Participation is by invitation only.
On the agenda are:
- Laura Thaut: "Averting the “Inevitable” Clash: Muslim-Christian Violence and Local Power-Sharing in Nigeria"
- Emilio Depetris-Chauvin: "Local State History and Contemporary Conflict: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa"
- Horacio A. Larreguy and John Marshall: "The Effect of Education on Political Engagement in Weakly Institutionalized Countries: Evidence from Nigeria"
- David Yanagizawa-Drott (with Thorsten Rogall): "The Legacy of Political Mass Killings: Evidence from the Rwandan Genocide"
- Mai Hassan: "District Creation in Kenya Under President Moi"
- Amanda Pinkston: "In poor countries, tax collection is function of state capacity not social diversity: A study of local tax revenues in Benin"
Location: 1737 Cambridge St, CGIS K354, Cambridge, MA (here). Note that we are in the Knafel building on the north side of Cambridge St next to the Graduate School of Design. General directions to the university are here.