External Job Opportunities - Postings
Fellows & Associates, Social and Behavioral Sciences Team (3/20/15)
We are excited to announce that the White House Social and Behavioral Sciences Team (SBST) is currently seeking exceptionally qualified individuals to serve as Fellows and Associates.
SBST works across the federal government to apply findings and methods from the social and behavioral sciences to help the policies, programs, and operations of government better serve the nation. SBST has partnered with federal agencies to design and test the impact of behaviorally-informed interventions within programs and policies using rapid, rigorous, and low-cost methods.
Click HERE for further details on the team (also here for blog about our work), responsibilities and qualifications of Associates and Fellows, and details on how to apply for this unique opportunity. The deadline to submit an application is 11:59 PM on Sunday, April 12, 2015.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
Senior Data Scientist, Netflix (1/30/15)
Data, Analytics, and Algorithms
Senior Data Scientist - Content Models & Algorithms
Data Science and Engineering
Beverly Hills, CA
Netflix is seeking an outgoing, curious, interdisciplinary analytics expert to focus on mathematical models and algorithm research for our Content organization.
Netflix is revolutionizing Internet television. We deliver over a billion streaming views per month of movies and TV shows across more than 40 countries. Our Content organization meticulously designs the Netflix catalog based on titles that are available to license as well as award-winning original content such as "House of Cards" and "Orange is the New Black". The challenge is formidable: to satisfy the varied and deeply personal entertainment tastes of our 50+ million members.
In this role, you will help Netflix tackle this challenge by innovating mathematical models to optimize our movie and TV show libraries. As part of our 'Science and Algorithms' group, you will leverage our ever-growing goldmine of streaming data to identify characteristics of an "ideal" content library, predict demand for titles that Netflix does not have, determine the customer impact of adding or losing sets of content, and even help identify the next original series we should target. Your models will have a direct impact on our customers by helping to provide them with movies and TV shows they will love.
This role will be based out of the Beverly Hills, CA office.
- Passion for learning and innovating new methodologies in the intersection of applied math / probability / statistics / computer science. Proficient at translating unstructured business problems into an abstract mathematical framework.
- PhD or MS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, CS, Econometrics or related field.
- 4+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics and large amounts of data to drive significant business impact.
- Expertise in predictive analytics/statistical modeling/data mining algorithms. Must have knowledge/experience in some/all of the following: Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, Bagging, Boosting, Decision Trees, Lifetime analysis, common clustering algorithms, Optimization, Stochastic Processes.
- Ability to make intelligent approximations of mathematical models in order to make them practical and scalable.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical analysis tool such as R, SAS, and/or Weka.
- Above average capabilities with SQL.
- Experience with distributed databases and query languages like Hive/Pig/Sawzall and/or general map reduce computing is a plus.
- Knowledge of common data structures and ability to write efficient code in at least one language is a plus (preferably Java, C++, Python, or Perl).
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to describe the logic and implications of a complex model to all types of business partners.
You will have the opportunity to impact the business in a meaningful way. You will have the freedom to innovate, solve interesting problems and influence in a fast paced, exciting environment. You will work with smart people who love to solve hard problems, and who not only expect, but also foster high performance. For a more in-depth look into our culture, check out http://www.slideshare.net/reed2001/culture-1798664.