Gov 2001 Learning Resources
- Most in-class activities will be lecture-based but during in class discussions we will be using a teaching tool called Learning Catalytics. To sign up, go to learningcatalytics.com. Click "create a student account". Then use the sign-up code located here to self-register. In order to use this tool, you will need to bring a web-enabled device (laptop, smart phone, or tablet) to class. If this will be a problem for you, please contact our TFs.
- We will be using a program called WebAssign for problem sets. Check back later for instructions about how to sign up for WebAssign.
- All questions about class material should be posted to the course Piazza account, where you will get quicker responses to your questions because your classmates can help you, too! If you have not been signed up for Piazza by the first week of class, please e-mail our TFs.
- Your questions may have been answered in previous years! Check out the Gov 2001 e-mail list archives for a searchable dataset of the last 9 years of Gov 2001 e-mail questions.
- R Library: The Gov 2001 class of 2011 compiled R code that corresponds to each of the lectures. This R code is available next to the corresponding lecture in Lecture Notes. The complete code, along with the data used in the code, is available as a zip file here.
- Replication Paper Tips: Here are some tips on selecting a replication paper and the replication process: Gary's tips and papertips.pdf , and here are some successful replication papers goodrich.pdf , Imai , Reeves et al. . For help finding a replication coauthor, describe your interest on this forum on iSites.