Open Layout Administration Page
Widgets for All Pages
Setting widgets for pages is fairly straight forward, as long as you pay attention to where you are. Below is the process used throughout this workshop. At the end, the second option for accessing the layout will be explored.
To set the widgets that will appear on all pages:
- Select All Sections from the Site Section dropdown.
- Observe the two regions inside the content box disappear.
Set the Following Widgets
- Primary Menu. The site in this workshop has several site sections. The assumption going forward is not all sections will fit nicely in a horizontal menu bar. Drag the Primary menu widget to the left sidebar
- Secondary Menu. Drag the secondary menu widget to the right sidebar.
- Search. Click on the Misc tab above the widget slider. Drag the Search widget to the right sidebar, above the secondary menu.
- Click Save.
- View results
- Return to the homepage.