Enable the Section
The Personal Site type comes with Bio, Classes, and Publications sections already enabled.
Set the Widgets for the Section
- Hover over Build in the Admin Toolbar.
- Click on Layout.
- Select Classes from the Site Section dropdown.
- Go to the green "Add New Widget", and click on 'Add This'
- Drag the current 'Add This' widget to be below Recent Publications.
- Click on Add New Widget and click on 'List of Posts'.
- Configure the Widget.
- Widget description: Recent Classes
- Widget title: Recent Classes
- Content type: Class
- Save the widget.
- Drag it to the right sidebar from the widget slider.
- Save the layout.
- Return to the Home page and click on Classes in the primary menu.
- Click on the green Add Class button.
- Create the class
- Title: Basket Weaving 101 (or whatever class you'd like).
- Semester: Fall
- Offered: 2014
- Link title: Sample link
- Link URL: http://sample.com
- Body: Enter some placeholder text (it doesn't have to be real right now).
- Media: Skip this for now.
- Save the class.
- View results.
Create More Content
- Practice adding a class material. Any file will be fine.
- Practice adding a new class called Basket Weaving 102.
- Click on Classes in the primary menu and see the teaser list of classes.