When first started, RCE Powered Applications have a run time of 120 hours (5 days). After 50% of your run time has expired you can request an extension using the procedure below.
Note: Please note that there are two type of extension requests, automatic and manual. Users are highly encouraged to use the automatic method, if possible, as it streamlines the process greatly.
Note: Please make sure your e-mail on file with RCE account is up-to-date. This is how HMDC staff will contact you if there are issues with your request. If you are unsure which email address is associated with your account, you can user the Account Self Service interface to confirm or update it.
1. If you have more than one RCE Powered Application running, find the job you'd like to extend by hovering over each clock icon and reading the tooltip that pops up
2. Click on the clock icon for your job to bring up a selection menu:
3. Click "Request Extension"
4. If your job is eligible for an extension, you will either be granted an automatic extension (if you are using 4 CPUs or fewer) or you will be asked if you would like to request a manual extension (which may take 1 business day and is not guaranteed). You will then be prompted for the number of extra hours you are requesting.
Note: Reasons for being ineligible for an extension include not letting your job run long enough (50% of your run time must have expired), having already requested a manual extension, and run time exceeding 45 days.
5. Click "OK" after entering a number of hours. Click "Cancel" to cancel your extension request.
6. You will see a popup notification indicating your submission has been processed. Either the new remaining time will be indicated (in the case of an automatic extension) or a message will be displayed letting you know a manual extension request has been made.
7. If your manual extension request is granted, you will see a popup notification indicating so.