You need to set your key mapping based on your client computer's locale. From within a NX session (RCE desktop):
If you are using a US-layout keyboard...
Select Applications → RCE Utilities → Load US keyboard map
If you are not using a US-layout keyboard...
- Reconnect to your session using the NX web portal at rce.hmdc.harvard.edu
- Move the cursor to the upper-right corner and click the "peelback"
- Click "Keyboard"
- On the on-screen keyboard, click "LANG"
- Select your language locale (e.g. "US", "FR", "DE")
- Your session should now retain the proper key map when reconnecting