The RCE is divided into three parts:
- Login nodes: These servers provide a graphical or command line interface to the meat and potatoes of the RCE, the Interactive and Batch cluster. It operates like a personal desktop environment, but is not meant for running jobs.
- Interactive cluster: Run memory intensive jobs on these COD (compute-on-demand) nodes that require user interaction.
- Size: 8 homogenous servers
- CPU: Intel Xeon E5_2630 with 12 cores (24 counting hyper-threading) @ 2.3 Ghz
- Memory: 250 GB each (2 TB total)
- Batch cluster: For jobs that do not require babysitting, and speed is king.
- Size: 5 homogenous servers
- CPU: Intel Xeon E5_2690 with 16 cores (32 counting hyper-threading) @ 2.9 Ghz
- Memory: 125 GB each (1 TB total)
- Each batch job process is allocated 1 CPU core and 4GB of RAM
Also see running multi-threaded jobs for more information.
Disk space options are as follows:
- Home directories are allocated 500 MB. We do not increase this space, but you may request a project directory.
- Project directories are available in storage sizes suited to each particular researcher. Please contact us to request storage space. Fees may be applicable to sizes over a certain amount. To read about using your storage space, please see:
- 1 TB of shared scratch space is available to all users on our interactive cluster. Top level scratch space is world-writeable and -readable (Unix 1777 permissions). User created directories are only owner writeable/readable (1700) or owner/group (2770) if you are a member of a research group. Do not use the scratch space for permanent storage.