Getting Started with Batch Processing
This guide helps you to set up and execute batch processing. It will walk you through an example batch submission as well as offer details to each step in the Batch Submission Workflow.
The default environment for batch processing supports the R language, but you can submit any executable file or script compatible with the Linux environment.
Note: All batch processing is performed in the RCE. You must have an RCE account to use the batch servers. See Research Computing Environment for more information.
We provide the Automated Condor Submission script, condor_submit_util, to automate the process of submitting and executing jobs to the batch servers' Condor system. You also can submit your jobs manually.
Use this guide to perform the following:
- Review the batch processing workflow
- Set up to use the batch servers
- Determine your batch parameters
- Submit a job to the batch servers
- Receive email notifications of job status
- Check job status manually