This guide provides information about basic features and functions that might be useful when you begin working within the RCE. The RCE supports the following applications, tools, and utilities described in this guide:
- Basics - Mouse conventions, workspaces, menus, directories, window sizing, terminal windows
- General office applications - Writer, Impress, Calc
- The emacs editor - Tutorial links, LaTeX documents and rendering
- Files - Transferring and printing
- Maintenance - Terminating, modifying ownership, changing passwords and shells, and more
Before you can use any of the applications and tools available in the RCE, you must connect to the RCE successfully. Refer to the guide Connecting to the RCE for detailed information.