A free consulting service for researchers in the social sciences
What We Do
Our PhD consulting team serves the Harvard/MIT social science community, performing free in-person consulting on research issues as a part of the Institute for Quantitative Social Science.
Specifically, we aim to provide:
- Data analysis support and programming services
- Research project planning and guidance selecting appropriate technology for research projects
- Facilitating appropriate organization, storage and sharing of data
- Training on the use of both established software packages and emerging tools
Anyone who works on research can use our services, including faculty, staff, fellows and graduate students.
Curious if we can help you? Look at some previous projects to see how we've helped other researchers.
How to Contact Us
Any Harvard/MIT affiliates can consult with us by appointment, for free!
To schedule a consultation or request help, please send us an e-mail describing the following:
- Your Harvard/MIT affiliation
- Your position
- A detailed description of your problem
- Any references that will be helpful for us to understand your issues
- If you're an Undergraduate, please ask your faculty research advisor to get in touch with us as well
- @DataScienceCtrl found over 400 job titles for data scientists, including data plumbing t.co/YZ23q9rEjL t.co/mXAAMWOA5O
- Neat quote by Tukey (1964) on the spread of mathematics in statistics: t.co/5aqVwjcjhd t.co/uyCnR3kmmA
- While you're thinking about R vs python why not both? Sign up for IQSS's R and python workshops today! t.co/ZvbgKGYrZV