Boston Logan (BOS), Manchester, NH (MHT), Providence, RI (PVD).
There are bus connections from Manchester to Boston South Station, and there are both bus and train connections from Providence to Boston South Station.
Subway (the "T"):
Due to limited University parking we strongly recommend using public transportation (The MBTA). The closest MBTA subway stop is Harvard Square on the red line. Tickets are $2.50/ride. A subway map can be found on the MBTA website.
- From Boston Logan Airport: Take the Silver Line Bus to “South Station,” then take the Red Line inbound in the direction of Alewife. "Harvard" is six stops from "South Station."
- From Boston South Station (an Amtrak Station stop): Take the Red Line inbound in the direction of Alewife. "Harvard" is six stops from "South Station." The trip takes about 20-25 minutes.
- From South of Boston: Drive to Braintree MBTA station parking garage (Braintree exit 17 off Route 3 coming from Cape Cod or the South Shore). Take the Red Line in the direction of Alewife to “Harvard.” Allow at least 45 minutes for the subway portion of the trip.
- From the North of Boston: Drive to the Alewife MBTA station parking garage. Take the Red Line inbound toward "Braintree" or "Ashmont." "Harvard" is three stops from "Alewife." Allow fifteen minutes for the subway portion of the trip.
- From the West of Boston: Drive to Riverside MBTA station in Newton, the western terminus of one branch of the Green Line (Exit 22A from Route 128), where there is an open-air parking lot. Take the Green Line to the “Park Street” stop. Go downstairs, following signs marked “Red Line to Alewife.” Take train in the direction of Alewife for four stops to “Harvard.” Allow at least one hour for the subway portion of the trip.
Walking from Harvard Square:
The Harvard subway stop is located in the center of Harvard Square. From Harvard Square, walk northeast across Harvard Yard, then past the Science Center on the left, to Kirkland Street; turn right onto Kirkland Street. To reach Rockefeller Hall stay on Kirkland, proceeding past Divinity Avenue, to Francis Avenue, and turn left onto Francis. Andover Hall (45 Francis Ave) and Rockefeller Hall (47 Francis Ave) are on the left side of the street. false
The Divinity School area is also served by the 86, 83, and 69 bus lines. Harvard Square is serviced by the 1, 66, 68, 69, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 77, 78, 86, 96 bus lines.
Numerous taxi and shuttle companies serve the Cambridge area. Some of these services are:
- Yellow Cab 617-547-3000
- Ambassador Brattle Cab 617-492-1100
- Green Cab 617-623-6000
- Union Taxi 617-661-2500
- US Shuttle 617-894-3100 (door-to-door service for Logan Airport)
Please note that many of the Cambridge-area cabs are cash-only and charge extra tolls for crossing bridges and traveling to the airport.
Driving From the Massachusetts Turnpike:
Take Exit 18, marked "Cambridge/Allston." Follow the Cambridge signs off the ramp to the traffic lights. Stay in the middle lane while crossing the bridge. Proceed across the bridge onto River Street. Stay in the left lane and follow River Street about one mile into Central Square, the first major traffic intersection. Travel straight across the intersection. (Here River Street becomes Prospect Street.) At the second light, turn left onto Broadway. Follow Broadway to its end at Quincy Street, in the midst of the Harvard campus, and bear right, with fire station on left, onto Quincy Street. Proceed on Quincy Street through two traffic lights until Quincy ends at Kirkland Street. Turn right onto Kirkland Street, proceed past Divinity Avenue on your left then turn left onto Francis Avenue. Andover Hall and Rockefeller Hall are located on your left.
Harvard University Map:
Use the interactive map of the Harvard University campus and type “Andover Hall” in the search box: www.map.harvard.edu
Parking is extremely limited at the Divinity School and at the University in general. There is limited metered parking available on Kirkland Street. There are also metered spaces on Broadway, just before it ends at Quincy, and on Quincy to the left off Broadway, along Harvard Yard. Day Permits may also be purchased in advance from Harvard Campus Services.