We’ve asked you here because we are looking at the usability of the current version of the Open Scholar platform in order to make recommendations for usability changes in the new upcoming version. Harvard
This is how we are going to do the testing. First we are going to ask you some questions so we can get some background information. Then we are going to assign you some information seeking tasks and have you try to find the information using Open Scholar. Then we’re going to give you some time to move about Open Scholar on your own.
Since we’re interested in how people do when they don’t have someone sitting next to them, we are not going to help you as you work on the tasks. But we will try to answer any questions you still have when we’re done.
• Format each of the paragraph titles located on the About page with a heading format of your choice
• Add a bulleted list to the second paragraph of the page located under “Test Procedure”
• Add a hyperlink to the word Harvard located under “Orientation” with the URL of www.harvard.edu
• Create a new page and title it “Test page”
• Disable the Events / Calendar feature of the site
• Add a new page with the title of “History” to the side menu under the About section
• Add the picture titled “picture.jpg” located on the Desktop to the new page created in the above task