- Zhai, S., D.J. Jacob, J.F. Brewer, K. Li, J.M. Moch1, J. Kim, S. Lee, H. Lim, H.C. Lee, S.K. Kuk, R.J. Park, J.I. Jeong, X. Wang, P. Liu, G. Luo, F. Yu, J. Meng, R.V. Martin, K.R. Travis, J.W. Hair, B.E. Anderson, J.E. Dibb, J.L. Jimenez, P. Campuzano-Jost, B.A. Nault, J.-H. Woo, Y. Kim, Q. Zhang, H. Liao, Interpretation of geostationary satellite aerosol optical depth (AOD) over East Asia in relation to fine particulate matter (PM2.5): insights from the KORUS-AQ aircraft campaign and seasonality, Atmos. Chem. Phys. Discuss., https://doi.org/10.5194/acp-2021-413, in review, 2021.
- Zhai, S., D.J. Jacob, X. Wang, Z. Liu, T. Wen, V. Shah, K. Li, J. Moch, K.H. Bates, S. Song, L. Shen, Y. Zhang, G. Luo, F. Yu, Y. Sun, L. Wang, M. Qi, J. Tao, K. Gui, H. Xu, Q. Zhang, T. Zhao, H.C. Lee, H. Choi, and H. Liao, Control of particulate nitrate pollution in China, Nature Geoscience, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1038/s41561-021-00726-z.
- Li, K., D.J. Jacob, H. Liao, Y. Qiu, L. Shen, S. Zhai, K.H. Bates, M.P. Sulprizio, S. Song, X. Lu, Q. Zhang, and B. Zheng, Ozone pollution in the North China Plain spreading into the late-winter haze season, PNAS, 118, e2015797118, 2021. [Article]
- Wang, Junfeng, Jianhuai Ye, Qi Zhang, Jian Zhao, Yangzhou Wu, Jingyi Li, Dantong Liu, Weijun Li, Yange Zhang, Cheng Wu, Conghui Xie, Yiming Qin, Yali Lei, Xiangpeng Huang, Jianping Guo, Pengfei Liu, Pingqing Fu, Yongjie Li, Hyun Chul Lee, Hyoungwoo Choi, Jie Zhang, Hong Liao, Mindong Chen, Yele Sun, Xinlei Ge, Scot T. Martin, and Daniel J. Jacob, Aqueous production of secondary organic aerosol from fossil-fuel emissions in winter Beijing haze,PNAS, 118, e2022179118, 2021.
- Wang, J., J. Li, J. Ye, J. Zhao, Y. Wu, J. Hu, D. Liu, D. Nie, F. Shen, X. Huang, D. Huang, D. Ji, X. Sun, W. Xu, J. Guo, S. Song, Y. Qin, P. Liu, J.R. Turner, H.C. Lee, S. Hwang, H. Liao, S.T. Martin, Q. Zhang, M. Chen, Y. Sun, X. Ge, and D.J. Jacob, Fast sulfate formation from oxidation of SO2 by NO2 and HONO observed in Beijing haze, Nature Comm., 11, 2844, 2020. [PDF]
- Wang, J., J. Ye, D. Liu, Y. Wu, J. Zhao, W. Xu, C. Xie, F. Shen, J. Zhang, P.E. Ohno, Y. Qin, X. Zhao, S.T. Martin, A.K.Y. Lee, P. Fu, D.J. Jacob, Q. Zhang, Y. Sun, M. Chen, and X. Ge, Characterization of submicron organic particles in Beijing during summertime: comparison between SP-AMS and HR-AMS , Atmos. Chem. Phys., 20, 14091-14102, 2020. [PDF]
- Wang, X., D.J. Jacob, X. Fu, T. Wang, M. Le Breton, M. Hallquist, Z. Liu, E.E. McDuffie, and H. Liao, Effects of anthropogenic chlorine on PM2.5 and ozone air quality in China , Environ. Sci. Technol., 54, 9908-9916, 2020.
- Li, K., D.J. Jacob, L. Shen, X. Lu, I. De Smedt, and H. Liao, 2013–2019 increases of surface ozone pollution in China: anthropogenic and meteorological influences, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 20, 11423-11433, 2020. [PDF]
- Shah, V., D.J. Jacob, K. Li, R.F. Silvern, S. Zhai, M. Liu, J.T. Lin, and Q. Zhang, "Effect of changing NOx lifetime on the seasonality and long-term trends of satellite-observed tropospheric NO2 columns over China," Atmos. Chem. Phys.,20,1483-1495,2020.
- Li, K., D.J. Jacob, H. Liao, J. Zhu, V. Shah, L. Shen, K.H. Bates, Q. Zhang, and S. Zhai, "A two-pollutant strategy for improving ozone and particulate air quality in China," Nature Geosci., 12, 906-910, 2019.
- Shen, L., D.J. Jacob, L. Zhu, Q. Zhang, B. Zheng, M.P. Sulprizio, K. Li, I. De Smedt, G. Gonzalo Abad, H. Cao, T.-M. Fu, and H. Liao, "2005-2016 trends of formaldehyde columns over China observed by satellites: increasing anthropogenic emissions of volatile organic compounds and decreasing agricultural fire emissions," Geophys. Res. Lett., 46, 4468-4475, 2019.
- Zhai, S., D.J. Jacob, X. Wang, L. Shen, K. Li, Y. Zhang, K. Gui, T. Zhao, and H. Liao, "Fine particulate matter (PM2.5) trends in China, 2013-2018: separating contributions from anthropogenic emissions and meteorology," Atmos. Chem. Phys., 19, 11031-11041, 2019.
- Shen, L., D.J. Jacob, X. Liu, G. Huang, K. Li, and H. Liao, "An evaluation of the ability of the Ozone Monitoring Instrument (OMI) to observe boundary layer ozone pollution across China: application to 2005-2017 ozone trends," Atmos. Chem. Phys., 19, 6551-6560, 2019.
- Wang, X., D.J. Jacob, M.P. Sulprizio, S.D. Eastham, L. Zhu, Q. Chen, B. Alexander, T. Sherwen, M.J. Evans, B.H. Lee, J.D. Haskins, F.D. Lopez-Hilfike, J.A. Thornton, G.L. Huey, and H. Liao, "The role of chlorine in global tropospheric chemistry," Atmos. Chem. Phys., 19, 3981-4003, 2019.
- Li, K., D.J. Jacob, H. Liao, L. Shen, Q. Zhang, and K.H. Bates "Anthropogenic drivers of 2013-2017 trends in summer surface ozone in China," PNAS, 116, 422-427, 2019.