Frequently Asked Questions
• Chrome (self-updating)
• Firefox versions currently suppored by Mozilla
• Internet Explorer version 9 and later
• Safari versions currently supported by Apple
Your reference request e-mail includes a 'reference portal' link to an online recommendation form where you may upload your letter.
- Be sure your browser type is supported. (see above).
- Be sure that your document file type is one of the following:
- Microsoft Word document files of type: .doc, .docx.
- Adobe Acrobat files of type: .pdf.
- Rich text files of type: .rtf, .rtx.
- Text files of type: .txt.
- Images of type: .jpeg, .jpe, .jpg., png, .tif, .tiff.
- Excel files of type: .xls and .xlsx.
- Mac users: If your filename does not include the appropriate file extension (i.e. . docx for Word, or . pdf for PDF) you will need to rename it. To rename: Ctrl+click on the file and select Get Info . Click in the Name and Extension field. Add the appropriate extension and press the Return key. When prompted, select Add .
- The file size of your letter must be smaller than 12MB. If you are uploading your reference as an image file that is over 12MB, opening the image in an image editing application and resaving it may reduce the image size. Taking a screen shot of the image and saving it as a new image file may also help reduce the file size.
- Be sure that your file does not have security restrictions placed upon it. The system cannot accept files with security restrictions enabled.
The applicant's e-mail address is included in the Information for Reference Providers section of your reference request e-mail.
The contact information for the job posting is included in the Information for Reference Providers section of your reference request e-mail.