This project aims to provide an information infrastructure for the spatial study of the new novel coronavirus (COVID-19), which was first reported in Wuhan, China and then were found in more than 60 countries and regions in the world. The objectives of this project are:
- To provide data support for the spatial study of COVID-19 at local, regional and global levels with information collected and integrated from different sources.
- To facilitate quantitative research on spatial spreading and impacts of COVID-19 with advanced methodology and technology.
- To promote collaborative research on the spatial study of COVID-19 on the China Data Lab, Dataverse and WorldMap platforms.
- To build research capacity for future collaborative projects.
This project is a joint effort by scholars and professionals from the Center for Geographical Analysis at Harvard University, the Geo-Computation Center for Social Sciences at Wuhan University, the China Data Institute, the Future Data Lab, and the RMDS Lab. The project has received support from many other research institutions and companies on data, methodology, technology, and cloud platform. The final data are deployed to covid-19.chinadatalab.net for research sharing.
More details about the COVID-19 project is on the shared presentation An Introduction to the Data Resources for Covid-19 Studies.
We are maintaining and updating the dataset on Harvard Dataverse.
Dataset A : COVID-19 US/China Cases (Weekly Updating)
(1) US COVID-19 Daily Cases with Basemap https://doi.org/10.7910/DVN/HIDLTK
(2) US Metropolitan COVID-19 Daily Cases with Basemap https://doi.org/10.7910/DVN/5B8YM8
(3) China COVID-19 Daily Cases with Basemap https://doi.org/10.7910/DVN/MR5IJN
(4) import Cases from forigen countries https://doi.org/10.7910/DVN/MR5IJN
(5) World COVID-19 Daily Cases with Basemap https://doi.org/10.7910/DVN/L20LOT
Dataset B : Mobility Data (Monthly Updating)
(7) Baidu Migration Data https://doi.org/10.7910/DVN/FAEZIO
(8) Google Community Mobility Reports https://doi.org/10.7910/DVN/1CLYWS
Dataset C : Vaccine Data (Monthly Updating)
(9) Global Vaccine Data with Basemap from the Johns Hopkins Centers for Civic Impact https://doi.org/10.7910/DVN/9H23PT
(10) US Vaccine Data with Basemap from the Johns Hopkins Centers for Civic Impact https://doi.org/10.7910/DVN/SWKERK