Sampson Project Papers and Materials:
- Big ideas in inequality series (video). Harvard Kennedy School, Inequality and Social Policy Program.
- The Birth Lottery of History (audio). Voir Dire Podcast: Conversations from the Harvard Kennedy School Program in Criminal Justice Policy and Management
- Sampson, Robert J. and L. Ash Smith. 2021. Rethinking Criminal Propensity and Character: Cohort Inequalities and the Power of Social Change. Crime and Justice, Volume 50.
- Neil, Roland and Robert J. Sampson. 2021. The Birth Lottery of History: Arrest over the Life Course of Multiple Cohorts Coming of Age, 1995-2018. American Journal of Sociology 126: March (5): 1127–1178. PDF
- Neil, Roland, Robert J. Sampson, and Daniel S. Nagin. 2021. Social Change and Cohort Differences in Group-Based Arrest Trajectories over the Last Quarter-Century. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 118.
Suggested Papers and Materials by Participants:
- Kelly, Erin I. 2018. "Law Enforcement in an Unjust Society" (excerpt). Pp. 163-170 in The Limits of Blame. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press. PDF
- Settersten, R. A., Jr., Elder, G. H., Jr., & Pearce, L. D. (2021). Living on the Edge: An American Generation’s Journey Through the Twentieth Century. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. Chapter 1 PDF