DEADLINE TO APPLY EXTENDED to February 14, 2020
2020 Internship Overview
The goal of the Pharmacy Clinical Informatics Summer Internship Program is to develop future pharmacy leaders in informatics through exposure to population health and clinical informatics principles. Working directly with pharmacists and clinical leaders, the Interns will gain an appreciation of how clinical informatics principles are used to maximize health care resources, patient care outcomes and implementations. Three (3) student pharmacists will be selected for this internship in pharmacy informatics.
The student pharmacists selected will gain experience through a curriculum designed by Harvard Medical School faculty members at the Division of Clinical Informatics (DCI) at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Pfizer Clinical Informatics Medical Outcomes Specialists (CI-MOS). Through participation in the structured twelve-week internship program, the student pharmacists will engage in the daily activities of clinical informatics and pharmacy practice, with additional exposure to population health and research. The training offered will be tailored to the students' background and future career objectives.
- The interns will be assigned a Preceptor to guide and tailor the learning encounters developed by faculty at DCI and Pfizer CI-MOS.
- The interns will work with their Preceptor to conceptualize, develop and complete a project on improving the quality of patient care through informatics.
- The interns will receive a modest stipend of $7,500 based on a 40-hour work week for 12 weeks.
• Currently enrolled as a full-time Doctor of Pharmacy degree student in an ACPE-accredited school or college with anticipated graduation of 2021 or 2022.
• Candidates must submit an online application, two letters of recommendation and a letter of good academic standing (From Dean/Associate Dean of Student Affairs) from their institution including cumulative GPA.
• Must be eligible for employment in the United States.