Welcome to the new digital HKS Student Community!
The digital HKS Student Group is the new student cohort of digital HKS. This group is for students interested in exploring a career in digital technology and the public interest including designing, building, and engaging with digital technologies as they relate to civic participation, digital equity, governance of government platforms, and data accountability.
What does the digital HKS student group do?
- The group will host career talks and share internship / professional experiences
- The group will support exploration of digital tech topics as it relates to student interest
- The group will have special access to speakers at the 2018 Public Interest Tech Summit
- The group will have the opportunity to write for the digital HKS publication on Medium
- The group will co-design student-focused programs based on their learning goals
What is the expected time commitment?
- There is no committment to be part of the student community (join us when you can)
There is an approximate 2 to 4 hour a week committee for the leadership committee, this includes:
- participating in the leadership committee meetings
- supporting events when applicable (e.g. Public Interest Tech Summit)
- sharing events via Twitter, Facebook, Slack, flyers, carrier pigeon, etc.
We are currently looking for students to serve as the community’s leadership committee.
This group -- and leadership committee -- is open to former HKS students.
Interested in learning more?
Please contact Vanessa Rhinesmith.