Welcome to HGWISE at Harvard University GSAS!
HGWISE at Harvard University GSAS is a graduate student organization founded in 2005 dedicated to the personal, academic, and professional development of women in natural sciences, social sciences, and engineering at Harvard University. HGWISE aims to enhance the graduate experience for all graduate students in science and engineering at Harvard by providing opportunities for networking, professional development, and mentoring with a specific focus on issues targeting the experience of female-identifying and non-conforming community members. We welcome you to join us at an event this year! HGWISE has several specific areas of concentration, including:
- Mentoring opportunities
- Recruitment of women and minorities
- Career development
- Community involvement
- Alumnae relations
- Parenting and family issues
Our events, email announcements, and membership are open and available to all members of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences community.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or come to one of our open board meetings! Please see our events calendar for more details.
Some of our events include:
- Coffee hours with female-identifying professionals in academia and industry
- Journal club discussions about papers covering bias in STEM
- Community meetings
- Career panels
- A mentoring program with an orientation and meetings throughout the year
- Community outreach events
- Social events (such as movie nights, pumpkin carving, and cookie decorating)
Check our event calendar for more details - we hope to see you at our next event!