We are looking forward to seeing you at Harvard-Heidelberg Star Formation 2019!
Please consult the checklist below to help you (and us!) prepare for your arrival at the conference. For any questions, please contact:
harvardheidelbergsf [AT] gmail [DOT] com. We'll see you there!
- Please fill out this Google form with your name and 2 images of your work for your name tag. Deadline: 11/6/2019
- Check here to confirm that you are attending the conference dinner. If your name is listed and your responses are the same, you are all set. If your name is not listed or your plans have changed, please notify harvardheidelbergsf [AT] gmail [DOT] com.
- Install Eduroam in order to ensure you have stable access to the Harvard Wifi. The conference will also have its own Wifi network for those who cannot connect to Eduroam.
- Confirm the date, time, and details of your talk on the official schedule.
- If you are not giving a research talk, please submit one slide for your introductory talk to this Google Slides presentation. Please place your slide under the section header that features your name, and ensure the order of the slides matches the order of the names in the section header slide. Deadline: 11/11/2019 at 5 PM
Three days (Nov. 12 -14) of talks and unconference sessions. During these three days, small-group collaborations can be planned. Three rooms are reserved at the CfA for the entire day on Friday, November 15th that can be used by any planned collaborations.
Information about the group rate at Hotel 1868 and logistics can be found here.
When will there be food?
The full schedule can be found here. Vegan and gluten-free options will be provided. There will be coffee and snacks in Phillips Auditorium at 8:30 AM every morning before the talks. After the conclusion of the morning talks, mid-morning coffee will be provided in Pforzheimer House at 10:40 AM (10:15 on Thursday, November 14).
Lunch will occur at 12:30 PM after the first unconference session of the day (except for Thursday - attendees will have time at 12 PM to walk to nearby restaurants for lunch). Afternoon coffee will also be provided. The conference dinner will occur on Tuesday, November 12th, at 7 PM at Sacco’s Bowl Haven.
Where should I be?
Click here for a map of the main locations for the conference. We will be in the same place at roughly the same time each of the days of the conference.
- Mornings: Phillips Auditorium (60 Garden Street - enter by going up the double stairway into the door facing Concord Avenue)
- Late Morning to Early Afternoon: Pforzheimer House
- Early Afternoon to End of Day: Phillips Auditorium
- Conference Dinner (11/12 @ 7 PM): Sacco’s Bowl Haven
Will my friends be there?
You can view a list of registered participants here!
What should I do in case of an emergency?
Email Anna Rosen (anna [DOT] rosen [AT] cfa.harvard.edu) or Catherine Zucker (catherine [DOT] zucker [AT] cfa.harvard.edu) for conference-related issues. In case of a medical emergency, the phone number for fire/police/ambulance in the USA is 911.