Educating the Mind Without Educating the Heart is No Education at All
USLS 2020 will be Educational, Inspirational and Transformational
Who Are We?
The mission of Humanitarian Affairs is to empower young people and inspire youth who are passionate about positive social change. We aim to equip young emerging leaders with the right skills and tools to spark a generation of dynamic individuals paving the way for social change.
Humanitarian Affairs is a member of the United Nations Global Compact, World Association of Non-Governmental Organization, International Association for Voluntary Efforts and the World Alliance for Citizens Participation.
The 2020 USLS Edition
Humanitarian Affairs Asia will co-host the 11th University Scholars Leadership Symposium 2020 with the Government of Malaysia. The symposium aims to gather young leaders from around the world to foster a new perspective and unite a global understanding on social change.
The symposium features keynote speakers, networking sessions and interactive workshops to prepare and empower young leaders to be an agent of change.
The symposium aims to:
- Encourage delegates to think about Social Issues that the global community faces today, and to apply critical thinking towards building sustainable solutions to these challenges.
- Accelerate delegates’ Global Track through exchange of cultural experiences with emerging global leaders from more than 87 countries.
- Develop Compassion and Empathy by participating in the Service Day during the week-long conference.
- Enhance Global Leadership Experience by bringing together passionate and aspirational young people led by speakers from around the world to explore the issues shaping our planet and our future.
Benefits for students:
- Adding to their social impact experiences.
- Enhancing their global citizenship education.
- Networking with like-minded individuals who are passionate about Social Change.
- Contributing to FIVE United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Pre-requisites for Applicants
- Applicants should be between the ages of 18-28 years old.
- Applicants should be passionate about social change, global issues and current affairs.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate the ability to lead and show initiative.
You can help your students in any of the following ways
- Nominate and fully fund outstanding students to attend the USLS.
- Nominate and provide partial financial support to student leaders to attend the USLS.
- Promote USLS to all students and allow us to do the selection process. Interested students could write in to us for ideas on self-funding to support their participation at the summit.
Please reply to this invitation by February 17, 2020 to reserve places and secure the early bird registration fee for your students at the USLS 2020.
For your information, kindly find attached the USLS 2020 brochure and application form.
I look forward to hearing from you soon, and assisting your students’ leaders, who are interested in attending, with their application.
Together for We Serve !