- Alexander Klapheke and Kathryn Davidson (talk): NPI intervention: Crosslinguistic judgments
Welcome to the lab!
- Aurore Gonzalez (poster): Countability Distinctions without Linguistic Cues
- M. Zhang, M. Piñango, K. Davidson (poster): The development of metonymic processing as the growth of context construal ability
- A. Kocab, A. Senghas, M. Coppola, J. Snedeker (talk): The emergence of recursion: Evidence from Nicaraguan Sign Language and homesign
- J. Ziegler, A. Kocab, J. Snedeker (poster): The effect of population size on intergenerational language convergence: An artificial language learning paradigm
- Tuesday Aug 22, 1-3pm: focus on morphology (including agreement)
- Wednesday Aug 23, 12-2pm (note the earlier time by 1 hr): focus on syntax and clause structure
- Thursday August 24, 1-3pm: focus on phonetics, phonology, and psycholinguistics
The workshop will take place in Room 420 at 2 Arrow St (access into building using Harvard ID or else buzz #013).
- pp. 1-54 from Sandler, W., & Lillo-Martin, D. (2006). Sign language and linguistic universals. Cambridge University Press.
- pp. 279-368 from Sandler, W., & Lillo-Martin, D. (2006). Sign language and linguistic universals. Cambridge University Press.
- pp. 4-54 from Pfau, R., Steinbach, M., & Woll, B. (Eds.). (2012). Sign language: An international handbook (Vol. 37). Walter de Gruyter.
Aurore Gonzalez and Dora Mihoc will lead a beginner's introduction to conducting experiments. Topics will include: CITI training, IRB, experiment design, Qualtrics, Turk Prime / Mechanical Turk.
When: Tuesday, April 25, 3-5pm
Where: 2 Arrow St, Room 408 (Buzzer #427 & #423)
Looking forward to seeing you there!