NECV 2018 will be held in the atrium of the Northwest Science Building (52 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138). Enter the building on the "Museum of Comparative Zoology" side, as pictured below. The Atrium will be at the foot of the stairs to your right. Elevators are also nearby.
The Harvard Square stop on the Red Line of the MBTA subway system is across the street from the Harvard Yard. From the Harvard Square stop on the Red Line:
- Main Subway exit: Take the escalator from the main Harvard stop, turn around, and walk up Massachusetts Avenue. You will see the gates of Harvard Yard on your left. Take your first right onto Dunster Street. The Harvard Information Center is located at the end of Dunster Street, on the corner of Dunster and Mt. Auburn.
- From South of Boston: Drive to Braintree MBTA station parking garage (Braintree exit 17 off of Route 3 coming from Cape Cod or the South Shore). Take the Red Line in the direction of Alewife to “Harvard.” Allow approximately 45 minutes for the subway portion of the trip.
- From North of Boston: Drive to the Alewife MBTA station parking garage. Take the Red Line. Get off at the third stop, “Harvard.” Allow fifteen minutes for the subway portion of the trip.
- From West of Boston: Drive to Riverside MBTA station in Newton, the western terminus of one branch of the Green Line (Exit 22A from Route 128), where there is an open-air parking lot. Take the Green Line to the “Park Street” stop. Go downstairs, following signs marked “Red Line to Alewife.” Take train in the direction of Alewife four stops to “Harvard.” Allow one hour for the subway portion of the trip.
Traveling by Car
- Driving from South of Boston: Take I-93 North to exit 26 (Cambridge/Storrow Drive) in the recently opened Big Dig tunnel. The exit ramp merges with traffic on Storrow Drive from the left. Move to one of the right lanes and continue on Storrow Drive approximately 4 miles to Cambridge/Allston. After a Doubletree Guest Quarters Hotel, take the right-hand exit to “Harvard Square - Cambridge.” Turn right at end of ramp onto John F. Kennedy Street. Harvard Square is approximately 1/2 mile straight ahead.
- Driving from North of Boston: Take I-93 South to exit 26A (Storrow Drive/North Station). Keep left and take the underpass to Storrow Drive. Continue on Storrow Drive approximately 4 miles to Cambridge/Allston. After a Doubletree Guest Quarters Hotel, take the right-hand exit to “Harvard Square - Cambridge.” Turn right at end of ramp onto John F. Kennedy Street. Harvard Square is approximately 1/2 mile straight ahead.
- Driving from West of Boston: Take I-90 East (Mass Turnpike) to exit 18 (Cambridge/Allston). Bear right after toll booth at end of exit ramp. Turn left after lights (before the bridge) onto Storrow Drive. Take Cambridge/Allston exit (1/2 mile ahead) and turn right at end of ramp onto John F. Kennedy Street. Harvard Square is approximately 1/2 mile straight ahead.
- Driving from Logan Airport: Follow the signs for I-93 and Boston. You will go through a set of toll booths ($3 for cars) before the Sumner Tunnel. Stay to the right through Sumner Tunnel. At the end of the tunnel bear to the right and follow the signs for Storrow Drive. Continue along the river on Storrow Drive West for approximately four miles. Pass the “Massachusetts Avenue - Cambridge” exit and then the Doubletree Guest Quarters Hotel. Directly after the Doubletree, take the right-hand exit marked “Harvard Square - Cambridge.” Turn right at end of ramp onto John F. Kennedy Street. Harvard Square is approximately 1/2 mile straight ahead.
- On campus (recommended): Parking is available for pre-purchase in Harvard’s 10 Everett Street and 52 Oxford Street garages at the rate of $18.00 per day. You may purchase your parking pass up to two weeks before the symposium. Please plan your trip at least one day ahead as, after purchase, you will need to print a copy of your parking pass for presentation to the parking attendant and placement on your dashboard while in the garage. The parking attendants cannot print passes for you. In order to purchase parking, you will first need to register by going to: https://onedaypermit.vpcs.harvard.edu Click the “Visitor” link at the bottom of the page and fill in the required fields. When prompted for school name and parking code, choose “School of Engineering and Applied Sciences” from the drop-down menu and enter department code number 2006. When purchasing, please note that the license plate number on your parking pass and your car’s license plate number must match, so be careful about typos! Daily parking passes are good 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. in 10 Everett, and 7:00 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. in 52 Oxford.
- Off campus: Parking is extremely limited around Harvard Square. There are metered parking spaces available around the square, though they are usually quite full. Below are listings of parking garages available. All garages are privately run (with the exception of the Broadway Garage).