Thanks to the helpful feedback of several journals using OJS we have been able to add new features and implement fixes to the OJS Dataverse plugin. These will be made available with the release of OJS 2.4.6, which is scheduled for late February.
Here is a list of some of the most recent features & fixes for the OJS Dataverse Plugin:
- Data citation is updated on the OJS side after releasing a study on the Dataverse side.
- Ensure that all deletions/update of Dataverse study files is tracked on the OJS side.
- A dataverse can now be released via the OJS interface.
- Better Dataverse username/password protection: allow the use of an API token instead of username/passsword for 4.0.
- Remove markup from dataset metadata so it comes through as plaintext into Dataverse from OJS.
- Support for additional dataset metadata fields: author affiliation, and funding information (made available fall 2014).
- Deaccessioning fixes to handle differences between Dataverse 3.x and 4.0 (this is an internal fix and won't be noticed by most users.)
- DC Terms Metadata: rights fixes to handle differences between 3.x and 4.0 (Dataverse 4.0 supports CC0 License for datasets).
- Locale fixes.