The mission of Harvard College is to educate the citizens and citizen-leaders for our society. We have launched the Service Starts with Summer Program (3SP) as a call to action focusing on creating community awareness of public service pathways at Harvard College and beyond.
3SP offers a terrific opportunity for students to make meaningful contributions to their hometown community. Throughout their work supporting community partners, students will have access to personal and professional development resources from the Harvard community. Harvard College offers a variety of pathways to explore public service work and all incoming first-year applicants will be invited to participate in programming led by civically minded faculty, staff, and student leaders. A select number of students who commit 100 hours to a community service project for at least five weeks in their hometowns will earn a $1,500 stipend.
- Contribute to your hometown community
- Learn to solve a social problem
- Deepen your commitment to developing a public purpose for your life
- Join the Harvard community of civic minded students, faculty, and staff
- Begin to make professional connections
- Earn a $1,500 stipend