The Public Service Academy (PSA) offers Harvard undergraduates the opportunity to enhance their leadership and management skills through a series of trainings and workshops. It is all about helping people and programs grow. Each fun and interactive session provides tools that are useful to individual leaders and volunteers, and help them provide higher quality programming.
Trainings and resources are available to all Harvard-affilated student organizations. Additional resources are available for leaders who want help creating quality, program-specific workshops.
Fall 2019 Training Topics - click for dates and details:
- Tutor Certificate
- Mentor Certificate
- Program Management Certificate (skills for current and future leaderss)
- Advocacy and Organizing (skills for current and future leaders of advocacy/policy/movement efforts)
- Train the Trainer (presentation and training design skills - become a member of the paid student Trainer Corps!)
- Working with the Elderly 101 (strongly recommended for all volunteers who work with the elderly)
Other Workshops Not Currently Offered:
- By request: Special Needs Youth Work Training (strongly strongly recommended for all volunteers who work with the youth with special needs), Behavior Management, Cultural Competence in entering Communities, and more! Contact us.
- Organizing 101 (an introduction to advocacy and organizing work) - Offered only in the spring semester - this training is currently not being offered this semester.
- Teaching ESL Certificate (for volunteers teaching ESL to adult learners)
- Teaching Institute (strongly recommended for any curriculum based programs' new volunteers)
Be sure to check back regularly for new trainings and dates.