The PPIUD intervention is being led by the Nepal Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (NESOG), and evaluated by the Center for Research on Environment Health and Population Activities (CREHPA) under the supervision of Dr. Mahesh Puri.
The first training of enumerators was organized in collaboration with Harvard, NESOG, Dimagi and CREHPA and held during the last week of August, 2015. Baseline data collection began in early September, and the baseline provider interviews were conducted in November. The hospital checklist data collection and qualitative interviews with providers were completed by December 2015. Data is being collected from 6 government hospitals:
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS), Dharan
- Western Regional Hospital, Kaski
- Bharatpur Hospital, Chitwan
- Koshi Zonal Hospital, Biratnagar
- Lumbini Zonal Hospital, Butwal
- Bheri Zonal Hospita, Nepalgunj