The PPIUD study is being evaluated by the Tanzanian public health organization, Management and Development for Health (MDH) under the supervision of Dr. Nzovu Ulenga. The initiative is being coordinated by the Association of Gynaecologists and Obstetricians (AGOTA), led by Dr. Projestine Selestine Muganyizi. Thirty-eight enumerators were trained in December 2015, by members of MDH, AGOTA, FIGO, Harvard, and Dimagi. Data collection launched the same month.
The participating hospitals include:
- Dodoma Regional in Dodoma urban, Dodoma
- Mbeya Referral in Mbeya City, Mbeya
- Muhimbili National Hospital in Ilala, Dar es Salaam
- Mount Meru in Arusha municipality, Arusha
- Sekou-Toure Regional Referral in Nyamagana, Mwanza
- Tumbi-Pwani in Kibaha, Pwani