The Journal of Science Policy & Governance (JSPG) is an internationally recognized, open-access, peer-reviewed publication dedicated to elevating students, post-docs, policy fellows and young scholars in science, technology and innovation policy and governance debate worldwide. Since 2011, JSPG has served as a vehicle for students and early career researchers to bolster their research and writing credentials in science policy.
JSPG publishes high quality articles on an accelerated timeline and serves as an independent platform to enable the next generation of STEM leaders to contribute nuanced, bold, and innovative solutions on the widest range of topics in science, technology and innovation policy and governance.
Established by senior leaders and young scholars in S&T policy, JSPG’s mission is to catalyze the engagement of students and early career researchers in science policy and governance debate through policy research and writing. Through dedicated outreach by our professional staff, editors, governing board and advisory board, JSPGelevates the voices of young scholars in S&T policy debate.
Our mission doesn't begin and end with publication of our volumes. Through national and international partnerships, collaborations, and outreach, JSPG seeks to elevate the visibility and enhance the skills of young scholars in science policy and governance. Our podcast, events, presentations, conference panels, and media outreach ensures the voice of the next generation is heard.
Opportunities with JSPG:
- Publication opportunities - submit your science policy research to our standard or special issue deadlines throughout the year.
- Writing workshops and webinars - attend events to learn from science policy experts and practice your writing skills in preparation for submission. Each issue has a separate page for events on our website, so check that out too.
- Editorial board - our editorial board is composed of early career researchers looking to build their skills in science policy writing and editing.
- Internships - we offer internship opportunities for students interested in science policy and are currently running a pilot program. Applications are open!
- Science policy & advocacy certificate program - learn key concepts and develop practical skills in science policy and advocacy, and network with policy professionals.
- Opportunities for published authors - we highlight published work through speaking opportunities and conference panels, in addition to media outreach and you can watch these events on our YouTube channel.
- Podcast - we interview published authors, to provide another medium for them to share more about their publications and reach an extended audience in science policy.
Follow JSPG on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube. Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest call for submissions and volume releases and professional development opportunities in S&T policy.