For a Windows-based PC:
1. Click on the Tools menu and highlight Windows Update. A window dialog may prompt you to install a download. Click Yes if so.
2. Click the link, Scan for Updates which will analyze your machine and its operating version. It will show you if you need critical updates or recommendations.
3. Follow the directions on installing the latest critical patches for your operating system.
For a Macintosh-based PC:
1. Go under the Apple icon located on your Mac OS X machine and highlight Software Update... .
2. Check the boxes in the Software Update dialog box and click the Install <# of items> button to download security patches and other selected items onto your Mac.