These instructions are only for Harvard funded laptop and/or desktop. For personally owned laptops and desktops, mapping of network drives is prohibited.
1) Click on the folder on the bottom bar
2) Click This PC
3) Click on the Computer tab
4) Click Map Network Drive
5) Enter the path to your department share. This may be on Dss10 or fas-depts
For example, "\\fas-depts.ad.fas.harvard.edu\cgis\YourDepartmentName"
6) Check both boxes that say Reconnect at login and Connect using different credentials
7) Click Finish, and when prompted enter your username as shown below:
FAS_Domain\your_username (if that fails, please try your Harvard email address, or your NetID/ADID - if you're not sure what your NetID is, please log into https://key.harvard.edu/manage-account and it will be near the bottom of the page. It will be your initials and 1-4 numbers.)
And your Harvard Key password
1) In the Finder, Click the Go menu, and select connect to server
2) Enter smb://fas-depts.ad.fas.harvard.edu/cgis/YourDepartmentName
3) When asked, enter you Harvard username (This could be your email address or NetID. If you're unsure of your NetID, please see the abod instructions.) and Harvard Key password
If you are off site or using the Harvard Wireless networks, you will need to use Cisco VPN to connect to vpn.fas.harvard.edu before attempting to map a shared drive. For assistance with using the VPN please contact us.