This document introduces international law and its uses in the prevention of sex-based and gender-based violence against refugee women. For this purpose, it includes discussions on the following:
- What is international law and which are its sources?
- Is international law binding?
- What international legal bodies exist?
- What constitutes violence against women?
- What are the primary legal documents securing the rights of refugee women?
- Other governmental and non-governmental organizations dealing with refugee women