The Weiss Fund for Research in Development Economics is funded by CRI Foundation and aims to sponsor research that will positively affect the lives of poor people in poor countries. The Weiss Fund supports research by students and ladder faculty at working in development economics, broadly defined, funding projects that address a wide range of issues affecting less developed countries. Participating institutions currently include Boston University, Harvard University, MIT, Northwestern University, Stanford University, the University of California, Berkeley, Columbia University, University of Chicago, University of California, San Diego, Princeton University and Yale University. Read about the Weiss Fund program expansion here.There are three types of Grants offered by the Weiss Fund:
- Research Project Grants (fall and spring calls)
- Exploratory Travel Grants (fall and spring calls)
- Implementation and Policy Grants (rolling call)
The Weiss Fund is now accepting applications for Implementation and Policy Grants. Please read guidelines here.
The Weiss Fund also facilitates project evaluation opportunities.
• If your organization is interested in recruiting a researcher to conduct an evaluation,
please see the application instructions.
• If you are a researcher interested in evaluation opportunities,
please peruse the current list of opportunities.
Please email the Weiss Fund (email@example.com) with any questions.