Visitor Policy

Harvard-Yenching Library admits all persons who hold a current Harvard ID, an HCL Special Borrower Card, or a Visiting Researcher Card.

Visitors from outside should go to Widener privileges office to get a Visiting Researcher Card before coming to the LIbrary. Faculty member or Ph.D. candidates of other universities should represent valid university ID cards OR a letter of introduction from the affiliated university on letterhead to obtain a Visiting Researcher Card.

For security purposes, all users' bags, briefcases, portfolios, backpacks, purses, books, library materials and drawing tubes are inspected as users exit the library. We appreciate your cooperation. Please note that it is University policy for doorcheckers to confiscate a Harvard ID if it has expired or if someone other than the ID holder attempts to use it to enter a library.